CORTLAND VETERINARY HOSPITAL
SERVING THE CORTLAND COMMUNITY AND SURROUNDING AREAS SINCE 1947
Dr. Edward Steinfeldt established the Cortland Veterinary Hospital as a mixed animal practice in 1947 when the building was erected at 4056 West Road. A year later, Dr. Roger Batchelder joined the practice and he became a partner in 1950. The mixed animal practice was eventually divided in 1973 with Dr. Steinfeldt retaining the small animal portion at the original site and Dr. Batchelder establishing the Large Animal Clinic on the adjacent property at 195 Madison Street. Upon graduating from Ohio State University in 1978, Dr. Mark Martin was hired and, when Dr. Steinfeldt retired four years later, he became the owner. Dr. Jerald Shing joined the practice in 1988 after working at a mixed animal practice in Fayetteville, NY. He became a partner in 2011.